Monday, April 11, 2011

Turquoise Dining Chairs - Part 1

The other day I showed you the dining chairs I planned to paint turquoise and well I started on them and ended up painting 2 of them in Rustoleums Lagoon which I love the color of but I'm just not sure I love the final project...



I decided to upholster them in the fabric I used for my curtains since it's what I had on hand and I actually love the fabric against the bright turquoise/teal.   The problem is I'm just not sure I can live with 4 of these in my dining room...  My mother came over yesterday and saw the first completed chair and loved it, even told my sister about how pretty it was so of course that made me feel great:)  I'm just not loving it... I may end up going back to my original plan and seeing what that looks like or I may just paint all 4 chairs and then decide.  Am I crazy? Do you flip flop on decor ideas like I do?

6 comments:

  1. i like it! can you post a picture with the two at your table? that would help get a feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! And yes, I flip flop. I think that major re-dos ignite the yes-no-yes-no feelings...but go with it!!! They look fabulous. And usually the biggest POPS provide the best looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time! The chairs look great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies, I'm going to keep working on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally flip flop on ideas that's why it takes me several stops and starts to finish anything! I do love your chair though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have written this post! See my post on Chair Drama and you will know. I buy things and then can't pull the trigger on making them over because I'm not sure that I like them enough but can you really tell if they aren't finished? I think if it is just paint, go for it. Costly upholstery is what holds me back. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete