Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Cottage Dining Room - A Work in Progress

So this is how our dining room currently looks which I feel pretty good about but it is still very much a work in progress. 




Our table was purchased at a consignment store for only $75 and I love it but it is really dinged up and while my husband would rather sand it and stain it I really want to paint it white to match our china cabinet.
 

I love our floors but I was recently informed by my husband that he will be pulling them up and redoing them after reading that they will last longer if they are staggered....

So on my to do list for this room is:

- make or purchase white or off white slipcovers for the dining   chairs
- purchase a new chandelier
- paint the dining room table white to match the china cabinet
- figure out what to hang on the walls

I couldn't find any photo's of what it looked like when we moved in but just picture dirty beige carpet, a ceiling fan from the 1970's and ugly wallpaper that covered even worse panneling!!! I've still got some work to do before it really looks like my inspiration dining room and I seriously hate my tiny dining room window but for now it works for us:) Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. it is looking great! i love the pretty colors in there. with the floors being so dark i think a white table would look awesome, too! don't tell your husband i said so.

    ReplyDelete