Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pottery Barn Lookalike Wreath

I have been admiring this wreath on the Pottery Barn Website for a while now, http://www.potterybarn.com/products/outdoor-ornament-pine-wreath/?pkey=cwreaths-garland-holiday


I really like this one as well in all green
but at $79 I knew I could do better!  I first gathered up my supplies which are

-1 $5 faux evergreen wreath from Michaels or any craft store or I've even seen some at Dollar Tree
-Assorted Christmas ornament balls in 2 or three different sizes, I spent about $15 on different Christmas balls from Target and the Dollar Tree
- Glue Gun and hot glue sticks

I first started trying to wire the ornaments to the wreath base but found that it was taking too long and was just too tedious so I just decided to break out the trusty glue gun and randomly glue them in trying to alternate colors and sizes a bit.  This is what I ended up with


Sorry for the bad photo quality, I had to end up using my husbands camera phone because the metal part on the cord to my digital camera got bent (which I'm furious about).  I think it turned out rather well and only cost me approximately $20 vs. $79!

12 comments:

  1. I love the wreaths!! Soooo I will do a post all about you and send some bloggy love your way!!!!MWUAAAHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath, I have been so into them this year for some reason. I haven't seen one with the greenery like that yet. Thanks for coming by my blog. I think it took me 2 trip to the Dollar Store and 1 to Hobby Lobby to get all the ornaments I needed to make my wreath. I just kept running out and running out and running out! And your photo quality is amazing considering it was with a phone! I can't get mine to look that good even with a real camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, so nice to meet you, Misty sent me over to say "Hi". Love the wreath, you did a great job. Inspires me to get out my glue gun and get to work! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, happy to meet you! I heard about you from Misty, and wanted to come over and say "welcome"!
    I think your wreath looks just fantastic, better than the pricey one.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, I am fairly new at blogging too... since June only... welcome! Your wreath is beautiful, even prettier than the Pottery Barn one... I will visit you often... happy blogging! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Time to drag out the decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!!
    You already know me but my sis said to come over and say hi or she'd break my arm....lol

    I love the wreath. You put pottery barn to shame!!!!

    Do you mind if I steal this idea???

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all so much! I really appreciate your comments, I didn't know this would be as fulfilling until now, I will definately have to put more projects I do up in the near future and please do take my ideas! that's the best compliment ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should sell those bad boys lady. It turned out just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE YOUR WREATH.. WHAT A GREAT SAVINGs TOO!

    My holiday sayings on my frot door, were cut out of viynl. You can pick it up at Roberts Crafts, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello stranger.. glad you stopped by to join the party. I am looking forward to seeing more post for you.

    ReplyDelete