Friday, January 18, 2013

Embracing Emerald

So when Pantone announced their new color of the year for 2013 to be emerald green I kind of frowned a bit...Don't get me wrong I love green but I prefer bright vibrant apple green and chartreuse. Emerald green for some reason just didn't get me excited at all and I'll tell you even after checking out the Pantone site I'm still a bit on the fence. I do love what they have to say about it and the lush beautiful pictures on their website had me daydreaming about a trip to Ireland... "Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony." Sounds beautiful right? Check out some of the moodboards that are on their website


Those green laundry detergent bottles had me looking at laundry detergent a whole new way...


loving the ruggedly handsome man in the emerald green plaid shirt!

Gray and Emerald together are stunning on walls, who knew?


So checking out the moodboards made me start really liking the color a bit more and of course I had to to do a little cyber window shopping to see what I could come up with for little pops of emerald home decor. Here are some of my favorite finds.


Fun little pillow from etsy seller JillianReneeDecor

Source: etsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest



Pretty green trellis pillow from MotifPillows on Etsy

Source: etsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest



Beautiful wine glasses from World Market

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/novica-emerald-flowers-etched-wine-glasses-set-of-4.do


Arabesque Rug from FloorsUSA



Lovely recycled glass reed difuser from PrettyPalette on Etsy

Source: etsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest



How about just purchasing a bag of green sea glass from the craft store and adding it to a vase or glass bowl for display



Beautiful yet still a little creepy buttefly specimen art, find it at BugUnderGlass on etsy

Source: etsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest



Really loving this colorful pom pom trim pillow so much although it may be more teal than emerald



And last but not least are these gorgeous green vintage books found on etsy by HucksterHaven ( I love using books for decor)

Source: etsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest



What are your thoughts on the new color of the year? are you looking forward to adding some emerald to your home decor?

2 comments:

  1. I used to like green in my teens, but the last years I've been a fan of black, white and greys. A hint of green looks actually very fresh and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Tibs! I also am a fan of black and white:) I'm currently working on my craft/sewing room that will be black and white with pops of purple!

    ReplyDelete