Friday, February 25, 2011

Best Thrift Store Score Ever and a Small Project!!!

I've written about my love for collecting china a couple of times and the other day when the kids were out of school for a snow day we were bored and the streets were clear so we hit up a couple of local thrift stores and I found a very gently used set of Dresden Rose china by Mikasa!  The set was priced at $39 but the store manager knocked off $10 and I only paid $29 because one teacup had a slight yellowing around the edge which after getting it home and washing all the pieces turned out to be just some good ol dirt which washed right off! I left the store feeling like I had hit the jackpot! Here is my "new" china in my china cabinet along with my milk glass collection.






Oh and also don't know if you noticed but I also painted the inside of the china cabinet! I'm super excited about it since I was extremly afraid to do this but I love the results and it really makes the white dishes pop!  Here is what it looked like a couple of days ago when I first purchased the china.


As always thanks for reading and a heads up that I'm going to do a giveaway very soon so stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful kelly! i love the painted interior of the cabinet! mine is white with blue on the inside and milkglass, too, and i just love how the white dishes and milkglass pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is very pretty! i love all the white! i am in the process of thrifting white china as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! I am so thrilled with it, it almost feels like having a piece of new furniture in the room:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got such a great deal! Love that you painted the inside of the cabinet blue. It shows off the china so well.

    If you have a bit of that beautiful fabric left after you make your curtains, perhaps you could make a runner to go with the new china? Mixing it with silver or white would enhance the set's ethereal look. Mixing it with solid light blues could give it an all together different look. Have fun!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the china cabinet, I love the inside painted blue, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have struggled to stage my china cabinet. I may use yours for some inspiration. I have my gmas china and my mom's depression glass collection just packed away in boxes - time to pull some of it out. Glad to find a blog with such shared interests! Gives me so many ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Keri! I am really enjoying your blog as well, I would love to see an entry on your blog on your depression glass collection:) I'm so obsessed right now with anything depression era!

    ReplyDelete