Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tablecloths Into Curtains

In my quest to find Anthropolgie style curtains on a Target budget a lightbulb went off in my head after seeing some gorgeous table cloths at World Market today. Why not use a standard oblong tablecloth for curtain panels? Just get those clip on curtain rings and voila anthro inspired curtains! While at World Market I saw this and couldn't stop staring at it...


Purple is my favorite color and turquoise is a close second choice, so when I saw this tablecloth I instantly loved it since it was mostly purple with little hints of turquoise. The tablecloth was $34.99 so I would need 4 of them for the living room and dining room windows in our new home.  I didn't want to jump to conclusions and spend $140 without knowing it could actually work so I did a little research when I got home and discovered that 1. I am not the first blogger to think of this wonderful idea and 2. this could totally work. Check out some of these examples...


From the ecklife.blogspot.com

From livinthesimplelife.com






From Apartmenttherapy.com
From theplaidpost.com

After looking in enough stores that I've lost count, the table cloth from World Market is the closest thing I've come to what I'm looking for.  I may check out tablecloths at homegoods just to make sure I'm not missing something and hey if I could possibly find an equally amazing tablecloth for way I would be even happier:)  I'll keep you posted and post pics once I make my decision.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read my ramblings:)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for becoming my latest follower.. you made it pretty easy for me to find this amazing blog and I am loving this idea of table cloth as curtains GENIOUS!!!! and the $35 price is not bad at all... hope this works out for you! Can't wait to see how they look!

    ReplyDelete