Monday, August 23, 2010

Magnolia Love

First I want to apologize for not posting in so long, but after closing on our first home the last week of July I have been so incredibly busy trying to make our fixer upper a home!  I will have lots of before and afters coming soon but we are still in the midst of a ton of projects so things are not quite at the point where I want to share just yet.  The main projects I have been working on have been my living room and dining room and my 2 year olds room.  For the last year or so I've been collecting photo's of Magnolia trees and flowers because I plan on doing a photo and art wall of just magnolias.  Magnolia trees are near and dear to my heart because not only did I grow up with one in my back yard that I climbed daily, but my Grandmother had a huge one in her front yard in Georgia where I would have tea parties under when i went for visits in the summer.  I also think the magnolia flower is just perfect and beautiful and I love that the tree stands for southern pride and strength!   Oh and did I mention that Steele Magnolias is in my top 5 of all-time favorite movies!  I recently purchased 3 new things to hang on my magnolia wall so I now think I have enough to put it together.  Check out my new etsy purchases ( I just love Etsy!).


ACEO From etsy seller SharonFosterArt






Saucer From Etsy Seller Myclosetshelf




Photo From Etsy Seller MelissaKimberly






I am thinking of doing my magnolia wall in my dining room around my vintage white china cabinet that was a housewarming gift from my wonderful Momma!  What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE before and after photos. I can't wait to see them.
    P.S I will be patient because I know how long these things take.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that first painting- gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Jessica! I just hope it comes out the way I have it pictured in my mind. Cassie I love the painting too, I've never actually purchased and ACEO before and I know they are tiny so hopefully it will look okay with all of the larger pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea for your dining room! I did a blog post on our magnolias earlier this summer. They are glorious. Here's my link if you need more inspiration!

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    http://italiangirlingeorgia.blogspot.com/2010/05/sweet-smell.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,

    So glad you like my magnolias! I would be happy to do a listing for you. E-mail me and we can talk.

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    ItalianGirlinGeorgia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove magnolia's too. My neighbor has a small one in her yard that I threaten to uproot and replant in my yard.

    Thanks for visiting my blog ; D

    ReplyDelete