Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring at My House!

I absolutley, positively looove spring!  My son and I both have terrible spring allergies but with a little bit of claritin or alavert I can function ok.  There is something about looking at all of the spring flowers at a littel garden shop or my local Lowes that just makes me feel giddy!  I just love flowers and the smell of the air in Spring.  I've been in the middle of trying to rearrange things in my humble little house and when I do I'll post photo's but for now i'll give you a little sample of what I've beein doing lately. 

My colorful Easter wreath I made from faux chocolate eggs from A.C. Moore and hot pink geraniums, cost me about $20 to make
Better Homes & Gardens for WalMart plates I just purchaed, I love a scalloped edge:) ($3.46 each)
White ceramic Easter Bunny from Pier 1 ($8)
Little faux antique birdcage from Michaels on sale for ($5) along with 2 little ceramic birds that were about $1 each, also at Michaels

Little bunny candy dish from CVS ($4.99)
I have a serious love of magnolia trees and purchase photo's, etc of them whenever I spot them, the white magnolia photo on top is from Michaels, the pink magnolia tree on the bottom from Etsy seller BroadArrows ($20) http://www.etsy.com/shop/Broadarrows, she has some amazing work , check her out.  Frames and mats purchased from Michaels ($9.99 for frames, $4.99 mats)

I am on the lookout for 2 more magnolia photo's to frame on the opposite side of the window so if anyone sees/knows of a place/site please let me know. As always thanks so much for looking and enjoy spring wherever you are!

4 comments:

  1. Supermom! I love your Easter wreath, wonderful job!! and the bunnie is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I always struggle with Spring decor for some reason. I really like the wreath you made. The hot pink color is gorgeous and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much Susan and Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Easter wreath makes me hungry. It looks so yummy. I will have to try and make one next year.

    ReplyDelete